GQ editors: ‘We’ll get back to our mission’ after ‘fake news’

GQ is apologizing to its editors after publishing a fake news article about a Muslim activist who had called for a boycott of Ivanka Trump’s fashion line.

The magazine published a story on March 4 titled “She’s a Muslim woman with a hijab, but Ivanka Trump makes it a whole lot more comfortable and fashionable.”

The article was widely shared on social media, with many people saying that it was inaccurate.

It was later revealed that it had been edited by GQ editorial assistant Rebecca Zolot.

In an editorial titled “I’m Not a Fake News Story,” Zolots wrote that “we all need to get over ourselves for writing such an absurd story about a woman who is not a fake-news source.

We are not fake news.

We just have a bias against her.”

“As a result, we have removed the article, and we apologize to our readers and to the GQ staff who created it,” she wrote.

“It is our sincere regret that we did not adequately inform our readers that this was a fake story and that we are not the source of this misinformation.

The editors and writers at GQ understand the importance of this information, and as a result we will be writing a new article to explain what exactly happened.”

“GQ has an obligation to its readers and staff to be truthful about the news they consume and we are deeply sorry that we failed to do so,” the magazine said in a statement.

The New York Times also published a similar article, published March 11, titled “A Muslim woman who wants to boycott Ivanka Trump says she’s not a real news source.”

The story was widely spread on social news platforms, with people calling it inaccurate.

The article, however, was corrected to say “A young woman who identifies as Muslim has said she does not have a real job.

In fact, she’s a real-life professional.”

Zolott, who is now a staff writer at GMA, apologized for the article on Twitter on March 10, saying that she “deeply regrets what I wrote.”

The magazine also said in the statement it would “review all the steps we took to ensure that the story was accurate.”

The piece, which was originally published on March 3, has been removed from GQ’s website and Facebook page.

Back To Top